Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Author, author.... Maddie James and The Matchmaking Chef Series

...read all about it !!   Please welcome the fabulous Maddie James !!




Who is Suzie Matthews, Anyway?

Hello, Maddie James here. There is a woman in my head who refuses to leave me alone. Her book has been written. And written. I gave her a man in Bed, Breakfast & You. I gave back her relationship with her long lost sister in Home for the Holidays. I even gave her an entire eight-novella series in The Matchmaking Chef collection. But she has more stories to tell, obviously, because her bugging hasn’t let up.

Her name is Suzie Matthews, and I’ve decided to get to the bottom of why this woman refuses to let go. Short and sweet, this is an interrogation, more than an interview (I think!?). Let that be known for the record.

MJ: Hi Suzie. It’s great to talk with you again. (like we don’t talk all the time, you are always in my head…) I was wondering why you love to occupy that space in my brain so much. I mean, it’s like you’ve camped out there….

SM: Well, Maddie, here is the deal. I like you. I like that you invented me, and I like that you want to be like me when you grow up. You see, I am really so much like you, and maybe we are twins, or something. Bonded, you know? That’s why I stick around.

MJ: But you are strawberry blonde. I’m brunette. We can’t be twins.

SM: Oh, sure we can! It goes much deeper than hair color, you know.

MJ: How so?

SM: Well, you and I, were think alike. We’re two peas in a pod. We cohabitate in the same brain, in many respects. You’re already said it—I am the you, that you want to be when you grow up. When will you grow up, Maddie?

MJ: *ahem* That’s a rather personal question, isn’t it? Who is interrogating who here?

SM. *laughing* No need for interrogation. I am an open book. Can you say that about yourself, MJ?

MJ: *silence*

SM: Well?

MJ: I am sooo an open book.

SM: Really. I am not so sure.

MJ: We are not here to talk about me, Mrs. Matthews. So let’s get back to the subject at hand. Here is what I want to know. For how long are you going to live in my brain? I have given you prominent billing in 10 stories now. Is there more to come?

SM: *laughs again* Maddie, my dear. You have the answer to that tucked away in your brain, don’t you? You know better than I do. You, of course, created me.

MJ: That I did. But I want your input. How many more stories, Suzie?

SM: Oh, all right. So let’s just get to it. Here is the deal, Maddie. I love the cooking gig, and I’ll never tire of living at Legend’s Landing B&B, but I am ready to ditch the show on the Food Channel. Brad is getting tired of me running off to New York for taping, now and again, and since we landed that deal with the home shopping channel, that’s taken up a lot of my time, too. And…I’m really, really tired of the matchmaker gig. It is sooo time consuming. What I really want to do now is stay home, be a mom to Petey (and maybe have another baby?) and do my thing.

MJ: So your thing would be running the B&B?

SM: And writing my cookbooks.

MJ: Anything else?

SM: *thinks* Yes. Well, I mean no. Oh, shoot. I didn’t want to tell you this. Not yet anyway. But, did you happen to read the obituary in the Legend Times the other day? Miles Branson is dead.

MJ: What? Your sister Chelly’s father-in-law? Matt’s father, Judge Branson? When did he die?

SM: Yes, yes. That’s him. Matt and Chelly are distraught. Even though the Judge isn’t really the official judge any longer, he sat in that seat for so long that everyone still calls him judge. It was very unfortunate and extremely mysterious. You see, he was killed with a deadly scoop.

MJ: *puzzled* A deadly scoop? You mean, like scoop shovel? Or a kitchen utensil?

SM: No, no. A deadly scoop of ice cream. Some fancy sort of chocolate, I gather, although I haven’t really had a chance to talk with Jillian yet to get the details.

MJ: Jillian Bass? I’m confused. What does she have to do with Miles Branson’s death?

SM: Hopefully, nothing at all. But old Miles died in her chocolate shop. Ice cream is on the menu now at Bittersweets. Didn’t you know that?

MJ: *scratching head* No, I didn’t know that. I don’t get how he died from chocolate ice cream, Suzie…

SM: Why, it was the poison, of course! And Jillian is in jail. You know she’s married to my husband’s brother. So this is a double family connection, and well…

MJ: So you have to do something about it. You, are going to fix this, Suzie?

SM: I’m going to do my darnedest. This has all the makings of a cozy mystery, doesn’t it?

MJ: In many ways, yes, it does…

SM: And you are going to write it. I suggest you get started right away, because Jillian is rather delicate and the Legend jail cell is not too comfortable, so…

MJ: Got it. A cozy mystery. Who woulda thunk?

Who would have thunk, indeed? Stay tuned and watch my blog and website for more news about when Suzie Matthews, Sleuth Chef, unravels this local Legend mystery….

 *     *     *     *     *
 
 
 
The Matchmaking Chef Collection
by
MADDIE JAMES
The eight novellas of The Matchmaking Chef Series
 
When Suzie Matthews (Bed, Breakfast & You) accidentally cooks up a scene that causes her sister to get back together with her high school boyfriend (Home for the Holidays), she wonders if she can help other singletons living in the small mountain town of Legend, Tennessee find the loves of their lives.
 
Being a matchmaker isn’t really on her list of things to do—after all, she has a bed & breakfast to run, cookbooks to write, and a television show on the Food Channel to keep up with. But baking is her thing, and perhaps matchmaking can be her thing, too. After all, there is a song going through her head that goes something like this…
 
Matchbaker, Matchbaker, bake me a match? No wait. Make me a match. Nevermind! You get the picture, right? 
Welcome to Legend, Tennessee. And welcome to the matchbaking, er, matchmaking world of Chef Suzie Matthews. 
Includes the 8 novellas: Perfectly Matched, Dates Du Jour, Hot Crossed Buns, Side Dish, Mate To Order, Romancing The Scone, Better Than Chocolate, and Hard Candy Kisses, @ 133,000 
Novellas also available separately.
Available at the following retailers:  AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE | KOBO | IBOOKS | SMASHWORDS | ALL ROMANCE EBOOKS
Blurbs from each novella:
 
Perfectly Matched, Book One
Suzie Matthews is hard at work on her new cookbook, Perfectly Matched, when she asks the local “wallflower” to help her with a project. Mary Lou Picketts dreams of falling in love with country music star, Nash Rhodes, but is ready to settle for Thurman Phillips down the street. But she doesn’t want to. Not really. When Nash comes to Legend for a music benefit and stays at the lodge, Suzie wonders if she can perfectly match this miss-matched couple.
 
Hot Crossed Buns, Book Two
Wild Katie Long, she’ll never settle down. But Chris Marks has had his eye on her for a long time. When Chris hires Suzie to set him up with a romantic dinner for two, Suzie does all she can to set the mood. Thing is, Katie isn’t about to be wooed and she’s hotter than hot crossed buns when she figures out what Chris is up to. Then Suzie turns the tables by supplying Chris with a couple of items that just might tame Katie after all—handcuffs and a leather riding crop.
 
Dates Du Jour, Book Three
Speed dating? Speed eating is more like it. When Suzie sets up lunch date after lunch date for Lyssa Larkin, Legend’s homegrown homecoming queen of 1992, she knows she’s bit off more than she can chew. Lyssa rejects dates in two bites and sends them on their way. Suzie wonders if she really wants to date or just eat two lunches, and worries that soon Lyssa’s hips won’t fit on her dainty chairs. That is, until Suzie takes a risk with a man that Lyssa knows, but doesn’t, and who is falling for her hard and fast.

Side Dish, Book Four
Becca North doesn’t want a boyfriend but her best friend Nora certainly does. Becca is soooo off men. But when Nora, owner of Nora’s Novel Niche, meets Suzie the Matchmaking Chef, during a booksigning at her store, she pays the matchmaker to arrange a romantic picnic date lunch for her—a blind date, no less. Nora drags Becca along all the way from Pigeon Forge for moral support and to check out her date. Thing is, Nora’s date would rather check out Becca, instead.
 
Mate to Order, Book Five
When Suzie’s success as a matchmaker hits the national scene about the same time as her debut cooking show on the Food Channel, her new producer comes to her with a list of requirements—not for Suzie’s job, but for a husband. Patricia Plum has a specific list and if Suzie really wants to make it big in New York City, she’ll make every attempt to deliver, Patricia’s “Mate to Order.”
 
Romancing the Scone, Book Six
High tea or sweet tea? As long as there are scones, it doesn’t matter. In fact, Sydney Schul, owner of Sydney’s Sugar Coffee Stop and Bakery, makes the best damned scones east of the Mississippi, and there was an article written about her in Southern’s Best magazine to prove it. All is well and life in Legend is good, until a mysterious male stranger comes to town, stalking her scones and coercing Legendarians to nab her recipe.
 
Better than Chocolate, Book Seven
When Scott Matthews escapes to Legend to visit his brother, Brad and his wife Suzie, he has only one request—he doesn’t want to talk, smell, or taste chocolate. Nor does he want to discuss getting fired as chocolate taster from world-renowned Bianchi Chocolates. What Jillian Bass needs is to make it in Legend. This Manhattan transplant knows nothing about small town living other than she wants to make it big here real bad. Forget New York, she’s trying to set up her small chocolate shop and impress the locals. And all is fine until she smacks straight into Scott.
 
Hard Candy Kisses, Book Eight
New Year’s Eve is just around the corner and Legend Elementary teacher Patti Jo Baker has tried every trick in the book to land a date for the annual New Year’s Eve Bash at The Lodge. This includes setting up a kissing booth at the Legend Elementary Winter Carnival—a booth which Principal Jim Hamilton promptly shuts down. Because if Patty Jo Baker is passing out kisses, any kind of kisses, he wants to be both first, and last, in line—and he definitely doesn’t want to sample them in front of the student body.
 
 
Giveaway
Maddie is giving away 1 ebook copy of
The Matchmaking Chef Series Collection


 

 

2 comments:

  1. Krista, thank you so much for hosting me today! What a wonderful blog and writing the post for this one, helped me to solidify my plot for the cozy mystery. Suzie reigns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maddie, I'm thrilled to have you visit :) Yay! Can't wait for the cozy mystery!

      Delete