Thursday, July 18, 2013

Author, author... Playing the Field with

...read all about it !!




Hi Jennifer, so great to have you here with us.  Can you tell us a little about yourself? 


Thanks so much for having me!  Okay, so I’m just going to dive in with a bit about me.  I’m married to an incredible man and together we have four children (ages 12, 10, 2, and 8 months).  We also have an enormous German Shepherd and two cats.  Needless to say my house is always in some state of chaos or other.  I’m a city girl and country girl all rolled into one who studied Anthropology in college.  I cannot resist chocolate of any kind and I love to garden.  Writing romance novels has been something I’ve wanted to do ever since I was introduced to the genre through the work of the amazing Julie Garwood.  Everything she wrote made me smile.  Now it’s my turn to hopefully make others happy.  That’s pretty darn cool.  


 
Do real life events find their way into your stories? 

Always.  PLAYING THE FIELD is the story of a single mother.  I spent my fair share of time as a single mother, so I wrote from experience.



Do you ever mimic family members or people you know when you choose characters? 

I think it’s inevitable that characteristics of those you interact with on a regular basis find their way into stories.  I’ll admit that my son was inspiration for Charlie’s character in PLAYING THE FIELD.  Shhh, don’t tell him. J




Do you find yourself going back to the same inspiration for each story or is it always something different?  

It’s always something different.  Often ideas spring forth from something my husband has said, honestly.  He’s a geology professor, wildlife photographer and ex-photojournalist, so he’s got this great breadth of experience from which he gets his perspective.  It’s fascinating listening to him.  And yes, I’m bragging.  It’s my right. J



When do you write?  Early morning? During the day sometime or all day?  After the kids go to bed? 

I have four kids.  I write whenever, wherever—often with a child attached to some part of my body.



How do you feel about marketing your book?  

It’s a mixed bag, really.  I love writing and want to share my stories with as many people as possible, but I’m also not very tech-savvy.  Some of you out there have probably already gathered that by the state of my website.  So, it’s a steep learning curve.  But I’m getting there, I promise!



What social sites do you feel work best for marketing?

  I think Twitter and Facebook, probably.  But I didn’t even have a personal account before STEALING HOME, so I’m still really new at it.



Do you like to pitch stories to your publisher or do you wait until you have written the story and have a final manuscript to turn in?  

I actually like pitching ideas (STEALING HOME was finished when I submitted it, however) to my editor.  She doesn’t know it yet, but she’s about to get hit with a few. J



Is there any other genre that you would love to try writing?  If so, what is it?

  I love cozy mysteries!  Especially ones with a paranormal angle.  I would love to write one someday.



Do you always/ever see yourself as the heroine/hero when you write a story?

  I tap into parts of me that connect with the character so I can visualize more fully.  But they’re separate from me.  I see them as their own person.




Just for fun, I have a few personal questions, 

Favorite 5
1)      Favorite Male Actor  -  Alan Rickman and Owen Wilson (weird combo, I know).
2)      Favorite vehicle – Mini Cooper
3)      Favorite way to relax – My couch, a book, and QUIET  J  Hammocks are good too.
4)      Favorite ice cream -   I’m allergic to cow dairy! L  Somebody needs to invent a killer goat milk ice cream, because I could do that.
5)      Favorite outfit -  Jeans, a cute T-shirt and my scuffed and worn cowboy boots.  I’m a casual girl.


And for a bonus:  If you could pick any place in the world to live, besides where you are now, where would it be?  (Of course, without the hindrance of jobs or money needed)

  New Zealand.  Or British Columbia.  Ooh, or maybe Scotland.  I can’t choose.




Where can our readers find you??  

Email: seasonsjennifer@gmail.com
Twitter: @JenniferSeasons
Website/blog: www.JenniferSeasons.com





Is there an upcoming or current release you would like to share with us today and where can we find it? 



My new release is PLAYING THE FIELD, the second book in my Diamonds and Dugouts series, available in e-format on July 23, 2013 at all e-stores.  Hunky ballplayer.  Lots of steamy kissing.  It’s a great read, y’all. J


Blurb
Single mother Sonny Miller has spent years avoiding love. A rotten childhood and an even rottener ex-boyfriend left her determined to protect her son—and herself—against the risks of romance. That is, until hotshot ballplayer JP Trudeau swaggers into her carefully constructed life, all sin-with-me eyes and irresistible grin. Sonny can't help but feel drawn to the sexy, confident man, even as every fiber of her being tells her to keep running the bases . . .

JP is known for being fast on his feet, not fast with his heart. But meeting Sonny and her boy sparks something in him—something he's never felt before, not from all the cleat-chasers in the major leagues. Sonny may be hell-bent on keeping him at arm's length no matter what, but this rookie has a plan. To get the girl, he must step up to the plate and convince her to take another chance on love . . . before this game gets rained out.


Buy Links


*****

Thanks so much Jennifer for visiting with us today and you're welcome to come back anytime !!!  I can't wait to read Playing the Field!
Readers, make sure to get your copy today !


Until next time, happy reading !!

Krista

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for having me today and letting me highlight my new release!

    Best,

    Jennifer Seasons

    ReplyDelete