Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Author, author...

...read all about it !!


Today we have author Lindy S. Hudis here to share a little about who she is !



Welcome Lindy, so great to have you here with us.  Can you tell us a little about yourself?

Well, I am a wife and mother of two from California. My husband is a stuntman and crashes cars and jumps off buildings for a living. Right now we have a film production company and we are in the process of producing our first feature film called “SkateGod” , it’s about a skateboarder is a futuristic, dystopian world who discovers that he is a Greek God. So, we have our hands full with our movie. 

 
 
Do real life events find their way into your stories?

Oh, yes…that was the inspiration for “Crashers” – I was a victim of fraud, so I was inspired to write about it. Sometimes real life is so strange that you simply have to write about it. Also my fantasies come to life in my stories. “Weekends” and “The S & M Club” were about fantasy. However, I did work in a bondage club for a short while in Los Angeles, and that was the inspiration behind “The S & M Club”.




Do you ever mimic family members or people you know when you choose characters?

Not anybody I like, haha…Just kidding, yes, I have been inspired by several people in my life, some close friends and family, some strangers I see on the street.
 
 

Do you find yourself going back to the same inspiration for each story or is it always something different?

Always different. I just let my life journey inspire me.




When do you write?  Early morning? During the day sometime or all day?  After the kids go to bed?

In the morning when the kids are at school, when it is quiet. I don’t write on Fridays though, because that is when the gardeners come and it drives my dog crazy. Too much noise and distraction.
 

How do you feel about marketing your book?

I try to keep a positive attitude about it. It is hard, there are so many authors out there all trying to do the same thing. Competition is so tough, but you simply have to keep plugging away. I believe online marketing is the best way to go.




What social sites do you feel work best for marketing?

I like Facbook and Twitter myself, because they seem to be the place to be, kind of like an online nightclub. You want to hang out and been “seen” in all the right places.
 
 

Do you like to pitch stories to your publisher or do you wait until you have written the story and have a final manuscript to turn in?

I like to wait until I have a finished product, then we both have something to work with.




Is there any other genre that you would love to try writing?  If so, what is it?

I am a fan of just about every genre. If you have a story to tell, why put a label on it?



Do you always/ever see yourself as the heroine/hero when you write a story?

Perhaps an aspect of me, a part of my complex personality, so to answer your question, yes, I guess I do.

 

Just for fun, I have a few personal questions, 

Favorite 5

1)      Favorite Male Actor  - Leonardo DiCaprio

2)      Favorite vehicle – My SUV

3)      Favorite way to relax – Drinking red wine

4)      Favorite ice cream – Don’t eat sugar

5)      Favorite outfit – Levis and a sweater.

And for a bonus:  If you could pick any place in the world to live, besides where you are now, where would it be?  (Of course, without the hindrance of jobs or money needed) I live in LA – where I have always wanted to live!

 

Where can our readers find you?? 

Website/blog: www.CrashersBook.com


 

Is there an upcoming or current release you would like to share with us today and where can we find it?
 
Weekends
 
An innocent-sounding family reunion at an exclusive California beach resort turns into a weekend of murder, deceit, exposed secrets and unexpected intimate encounters. John Peterson has it all: He's a respected, successful Beverly Hills entertainment lawyer with a loving wife and grown son, the strikingly handsome young film director Joe Peterson. John also has a secret and he decides to gather his disparate family members at the elegant Hotel Del Moor in picturesque Linda Bella, California for some luxurious fun, togetherness and re-connecting before revealing his secret. Unbeknownst to the family, a brutal serial killer is lurking in the midst of all the wondrous festivities.

Right now my husband and I are currently producing our first feature film titled “SkateGod”. Here is the link that was in the Daily Variety:

 


We are very excited about this project, and writing is going to take a back seat to our movie for a while. The movie is about a skateboarder in a futuristic, Dystopian world who discovers he is the scion of a Greek god and is plunged into a battle with a clandestine society hellbent on overtaking humankind.

 


 
One last thing before we let you leave us :)      Do you have a favorite recipe you'd like to share?  I like to cook and am always looking for new recipes to try and share.


Lindy’s Blackened Chicken Legs (or wings)

You will need:

Package chicken legs (or wings)

2 tbs Olive Oil

½ cup soy sauce

2 tbs ketchup

1 clove garlic

Salt and pepper

Mix all ingredients in large mixing bowl, and lay chicken legs out on cookie sheet. Cover chicken legs with mixture and bake at 375 for one hour.
 
~     ~     ~     ~     ~    

Lindy thanks so much for sharing a bit of yourself with us today and good luck on your newest release Weekends !  We also thank you for sharing a recipe !  It sounds delicious !!!
 
Until next time, happy reading!!
 
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment