Sunday, March 17, 2013

Author, author...

...read all about him !!

Today we have Action/Adventure Author
Travis Sharpe
 
 
 
Hi Travis and welcome !  Can you tell us a little about yourself?
~ I've been married for ten years.  My wife and I have a 19 month old little boy.  I've been an optometrist for seven years.
 
When did you start writing and were you always interested in being a published author?
~  I was never interested in writing or literature in school.  My wife's passion for reading and writing eventually rubbed off on me.
 
What do you think is or has been the hardest part of getting published?
~ The hardest part about getting published was getting someone to read my book. 
 
What inspires you to write?
~ I don't have one inspiration to write.  I enjoy having something constructive to do when I have down time.  Book ideas are something I can work on at any time.  My inspiration varies.
  
Do you plot out your stories or just wing it?
~  When I start a story, I have a general idea in mind.  I start writing, and the details fill in as I go.
 
Do you have any other stories in the works?
~ I have two other novels as follow-ups to this one that are already finished.  I have started the fourth in this series.
 
How does your family feel about your writing?
~ My wife is extremely supportive of my writing.  My little boy doesn't like daddy to divide his attention so I write when he's sleeping.
 
When you aren’t writing, do you do anything fun?
~ Our main hobby is water sports in the summer.  Wakeboarding and wake surfing are what we like the most.
 
 
Fun Favorites::
 Favorite color:  Blue
Favorite food:  Cheeseburger and Fries
Favorite sport:  I don't watch sports much at all.  I participate in several.  I even played football in college. 
Not-so-Favorite honey-do list item J   My least favorite household chore is cleaning the litter box.


 

How can our readers find you?


 
 
 
 

Is there an upcoming or current release you would
like to share with us today and where can we find it?
 
Coded for Assassination


When a close friend betrays Dr. Barrett Maples’ dedication to the Human Genome Project, Barrett, along with Dr. Drake Bell, are forced to shield their discovery of a previously unknown genetic marker unique to each individual on the planet and Dr. Maples’ is eventually driven from the field and abandons his work.

Twenty years later, Special Agent Trent Foster barges back into Barrett’s life asking for his help.  The CIA twisted Barrett’s work into a weapon that uses the codon he and Drake discovered as a guidance system to deliver the human form of mad cow disease to anyone they choose.  The weapon enters the target through the victim’s nostril, causing only a sneeze.  Over the next several months, the target slowly loses their mind, slips into a coma, and dies.  Better yet, the weapon leaves no evidence of the CIA’s involvement.

Whisked to Washington with the task of developing a cure for the biological weapon the CIA let slip out of their control, Dr. Maples knows failure means worldwide breakdown of government and complete anarchy.  When the team finds a sale of the weapon has taken place right under their noses, their new directive is to mitigate the damage done by this ruthlessly efficient biological weapon before the world falls into the dark ages following a pandemic of fear-driven civil disobedience. 

 
Buy Links:
 
Amazon     B&N     Rebel Ink Press

 

Thanks so much for sharing your new release with us Travis !  Make sure to visit us again real soon !


No comments:

Post a Comment