Monday, February 24, 2014

Author, author... Sasha Hibbs with Black Abaddon

 
...read all about her !!
 





Welcome to Sasha Hibbs, so great to have you here with us.  Can you tell us a little about yourself?

Thanks for having me today! I work as a behavioral health nurse during the day, and I’m a writer by night. I have two beautiful little girls, a wonderful husband, love HBO, the beach, and of course books!
 
 
 

Do real life events find their way into your stories?

Hmm…I would have to say that real life situations have inspired me and through me, my writing.

 
 
 
Do you ever mimic family members or people you know when you choose characters?

Sure. There are some strong characteristics I’ve ran across and implemented into some of my own characters.

 
 
 
Do you find yourself going back to the same inspiration for each story or is it always something different?

A mixture of things inspire me-music, a certain place, a certain time…I wrote Black Abaddon around Halloween and that inspired some scary themes in my new novel.

 
 
 
When do you write?  Early morning? During the day sometime or all day?  After the kids go to bed?

Whenever the opportunity presents itself. I try to balance out working a full time job, having children and writing. It can be…interesting J
 
 
 

How do you feel about marketing your book?

It’s essential to market your book, otherwise, how will anyone know it’s out there? With that said, I think it’s imperative to not overdo it and take a humble approach to soliciting your novel.




What social sites do you feel work best for marketing?

Facebook would have to be a huge outlet. Twitter works well for connecting with readers and other writers. I also really like Goodreads.
 
 
 

Do you like to pitch stories to your publisher or do you wait until you have written the story and have a final manuscript to turn in?

Oh, I definitely wait until I have the completed proofed, formatted, and polished manuscript before even thinking about submission!
 
 
 

Is there any other genre that you would love to try writing?  If so, what is it?

Over the last year I’ve become fond of Dystopian. I think it would be interesting to try dabbling in that genre.
 
 
 

Do you always/ever see yourself as the heroine/hero when you write a story?

No. I like to write them sure enough, but none of them have been a reflection of myself.
 
 

Just for fun, I have a few personal questions, 

Favorite 5

1)     Favorite Male Actor  - Clark Gable

2)     Favorite vehicle – Subaru

3)     Favorite way to relax – Reading and drinking a fresh cup of coffee J

4)     Favorite ice cream – Ben and Jerry’s-Cherry Garcia

5)     Favorite outfit – I wear too much black, so anything I guess in that color and preferably corduroy

And for a bonus:  If you could pick any place in the world to live, besides where you are now, where would it be?  (Of course, without the hindrance of jobs or money needed)

I’ve always been fascinated by New Zealand…so probably there J

 

Where can our readers find you?? 

Twitter: @SashaHibbs

 

 

Is there an upcoming or current release you would like to share with us today and where can we find it?

 
 
My second novel, Black Abaddon. I’m super excited about book 2 in the Vulcan Legacies series because the ending of Black Abaddon is what I envisioned before penning the first book (Black Amaranth). So, to see it come to life is something too exciting for me to put into words.
 
 

 
Book description:
 
Ally Watson struggles to live with the choices she made, the worst of which resulted in her soul mate's death.  Michael's sacrifice to save the girl he loved may have reversed the Apocalypse, but not the permanent damage inflicted by living with his loss.
 
Ally begins a journey where she soon discovers that death is not always the end, but sometimes the very beginning.  With old friends, she journeys to the Nosferatu Nation where she meets with new alliances willing to help her in her quest to defeat the Devourer.  At every turn, Ally unearths secrets that threaten to destroy those she loves.
 
The second installment of The Vulcan Legacies series will put Ally to the ultimate test, forcing her to face her fears and the true destiny she will fulfill as Azrael, the Seraph of Death.
 
 
Excerpt:
She walked over directly beside of Marik. Ally quickly unlaced the IV from him, pretending not to notice Marik’s nares flaring. She knew he could smell her life force.
“What…are you…doing?” Marik said through ragged breaths.
“I want to leave here. I want to leave everyone. I want them to be safe. I cannot do that on my own. I need protection, I need a guide,” Ally said. She swallowed hard at what she was about to do. “And I want you to come with me. You’re not strong enough to leave. You need blood and I’m going to give that to you.”
“No!” Marik said. Struggling, he turned his head away from her scent. “You have the blood of a Seraph. I am not…worthy of such a gift. Please leave me, go now…before I cannot control myself.”
“Once, that may have been true. Currently, I seem to only have human blood coursing through my veins. I offer it now. I offer you your health back in exchange for your protection, in exchange for you getting me out of here.” Ally cupped his face. Marik was too weak to resist her.
“Come with me. Take me away from here,” Ally said.
Ally could see his eyes growing dark with hunger. She could also see the struggle in his eyes. His lips parted to say something, but Ally cut him off.
“Shh.” Ally didn’t know where her courage was coming from. She wasn’t afraid. Somewhere buried deep, she knew this was the right thing to do. She felt like for the first time, she was on the right course.
“I need you strong. Take from me, because…” Ally had no idea where the next words came from, but they slipped from her lips, “I need you.”
Ally could see her words effecting Marik. He had lost the struggle, this sudden battle Ally presented him with while at his weakest. He brought one hand up to rest across hers and the other hand gently latched onto her wrist where her blood trickled out. His gaze never wavered from hers as he brought her wrist down on his lips.
Ally didn’t know why, but as she felt his tongue flicker over her wrist, it felt right to run her fingertips through his raven black hair.
 
 *    *    *    *    *    *

 Ok Sasha, one last thing before we let you leave us today.   Do you have a favorite recipe you'd like to share?  I like to cook and am always looking for new recipes to try and share.

Yes.  I love Buffalo Chicken Dip.

2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened

1 cup Ranch Dressing

3/4 cup pepper sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot)

1 ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese

1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces

Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks and crackers.
 
 *    *    *    *    *    *
Sasha thank you so much for joining us, sharing a bit about yourself, your book and this recipe, I love this stuff !!!!  I also can't wait to read Black Abaddon !  Please stop by and see us again soon !
 
Until next time, happy reading !!
 
Krista
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment