Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Author, author... of The Last Execution

...read all about it !!



Welcome Jerrie, would you tell us a little about yourself...

I write sexy, alpha males and kick-ass women who weave their way through death and fear to emerge stronger because of, and on occasion in spite of, their love for each other. I like to torture people, (in my books) make them suffer, and if they’re strong enough, they live happily ever after.

My debut novel THE GREEN-EYED DOLL came out12/07/12. I'm thrilled to announce THE LAST EXECUTION became available 06/07/13. My husband and I live in Texas. Some of my favorite things are sunshine, children’s laughter, sugar (human and granulated), and researching for my heroes and heroines.


What or who initially inspired you to become a writer?

I can't actually Put my finger on any one thing. Way back in high school I wrote, which led me to studying journalism. My desire to embellish on stories probably drove me to writing fiction. My dad always said I had fanciful ideas, and eventually they spilled out on paper.


What kind of research do you do for a novel and how extensive do you get?

Tons! I love to read books written by FBI profilers, I belong to educational loops such a Crime Scene Writers, and am not beyond contacting the sheriff's office, police department or even the FBI with my questions. I think writing romantic suspense the villain plays a huge role. He has to be realistic, his motivations have to be clear or he comes across as phony.


Do you have a special place you like to do your writing? Such as an office, a spare room, the dining room table, your couch?

We converted our dining room to an office. And my husband put up a 4x8 white board on one wall! It's a quiet place with three big windows to let the sunshine in while I'm working.


As a reader, what types of works do you like to read and do you think they influence the genre/genres you write in?

I read almost anything if it's well written. But my heart is with the romantic suspense books. Linda Howard is my all time favorite. Her Death Angel is the best book ever. However, I confess to loving a good historical romance. Elizabeth Hoyt can turn a phrase so beautifully! I do think their expertise influences me. Make me worker harder, dig deeper, try to reach that level of writing!


What is your favorite method of writing...as in laptop, desktop, Ipad or the old fashioned pencil and paper??  And do you plot out your story or go with the flow of your muse?

I love my desktop and big screen monitor. It has me spoiled so that when I travel and have to use my laptop, it takes some getting used to.

I swear I've tried to plot! Taken classes from really great authors. But I always fall back to going with the flow. I try to metaphorically change hats with each character, get into their head and let the story tell itself.



When you need a break or some time off from the trials of being a writer, what can you be found doing?

I enjoy watching my granddaughter play volleyball. Or spending time with family and friends. My favorite thing is finding a warm ocean, white sand, and hanging out.



Is there anything about yourself nobody knows that you would like to share with our readers??

Not many secrets left. Maybe that I paint. Flowers mostly. I love bright colors and the world offers so many different varieties to paint. Not that my paintings will ever do justice to mother nature!

For fun, I have a few personal questions,  

Your Favorite 5

1) Favorite color - Red, bright, hot red.

2) Favorite dessert -   Tough one. Bread pudding or tiramisu

3) Favorite Season -   Summer-summer-summer! I'm a Texan, so bring on the sun and warm weather.

4) Favorite sad song -  When I Call Your Name by Vince Gill. Makes me cry every time I hear him sing it!

5) Favorite Romantic movie -  Okay...don't laugh. The Phantom of the Opera with Gerard Butler! Only I'd rewrite the ending. I'd put  the mask back on the Phantom, and I would stay with him!

But to be serious, I love Pride and Prejudice with Keria Knightley. The ending scene with Mr. Darcy walking across the moor in the mist...*sigh* He slowly morphed throughout the movie from unattractive to drop dead gorgeous!

And a bonus, what is your ideal romantic vacation??

Anywhere there's a beach with white, powdery sand, crystal clear water, warm, balmy days, and good food. The Riu Palace Resort in Negril, Jamaica fits the bill. It's beautiful, the people are warm and friendly. The grounds crew will even put flowers on your sun lounger.



Where can our readers find you?? 

http://www.jerriealexander.com - website
http://www.jerriealexander.com/category/blog/
http://pinterest.com/jerriealexander/

Email: jerrie@jerriealexander.com
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jerrie-Alexander /121521571355959?ref=hl







Is there an upcoming or current release you would like to share with us today and where can we find it?
 The Last Execution
by 
Jerrie Alexander



Release Date: June 7th, 2013

Blurb:
To survive, she must put the past behind her. To love, she must learn to trust.

Homicide detective Leigh McBride's first assignment with the FBI brings her face-to-face with a past she's tried hard to forget. And when her temporary partner, a cynical ex-marine, lights a fire in her she thought long-extinguished, her darkest secret is threatened.

Scarred both physically and emotionally, Special Agent J. T. Noble is a man of few words. He prefers to keep people at a distance—until he meets Leigh. He's attracted to her strength and drawn in by her secrecy. But in their line of work, secrets can be deadly.

When the killer they are hunting aims his vigilante justice at Leigh's past assailant, the fine line between right and wrong blurs. To heal the past—and find their future together—Leigh and J. T. must learn that only through trust and forgiveness can love grow.


Excerpt:

The six-year-old missile launched himself into the air, giving J.T. two choices. Catch the kid, or let him fall to the ground like a deflated football. J.T. grabbed him and held Ethan out in front, as he would a wet, smelly dog.
        Leigh jogged down the sidewalk, sparks flashing from her eyes. She pulled her son out of J.T.’s grasp and plopped the kid down at her feet. She knelt and got right in his face. J.T. made a mental note to not piss her off.
        “What have I told you about running out the door?”
        Ethan’s head bowed. “Don’t even think about it.” He stared at the tops of his bare feet.
        “Obviously, you didn’t listen.” She tugged the knot at the back of her head tighter before she looked up. “Sorry about the attack.”
        “Kid’s a natural born high jumper.” J.T. stuffed his hands in his pockets. She’d wadded her hair in the old-lady-school-teacher-bun-thing she wore at work. Probably just as well. If she’d left all that blond silk loose and sexy, he might’ve thought this was a date or something, which it wasn’t. Him being here was entirely the fault of his own big mouth.
        “Please.” She waved a hand toward the wide-open front door. “We were about to come and get you.”
        “You knew I was here?”
        “A black Corvette rumbling around in our neighborhood doesn’t go unnoticed.”
        Dressed in blue jean shorts and a thin-strapped top exactly the same blue as her eyes, Leigh looked more like a model than a mom. J.T. was glad he’d worn a T-shirt and Wranglers.
        His chest double-clutched and pulled a weird stutter step when a small hand gripped two of his fingers and two small feet shuffled hurriedly to keep up with him. Tonight was a mistake.


Giveaway
Win one of two copies of The Green-Eyed Doll by Jerrie Alexander







The Last Execution released June 7th, 2013 and is available at Barnes & Noble,  Amazon, and The Wild Rose Press.


Amazon 4 Star review: Loved the heat

This book was a great combination of suspense to rival Patterson and passion to rival fifty shades,without the whips! Can't wait for the next one!


Amazon 5 Star review: Just the right novel to travel with!

This book is simply my favorite. The characters are strong, well-developed and the chemistry between them keeps the readers on fire. The author did a really good job with the story line and the combination of suspense, romance, tragedy and happy-ending all in one book is really what made me give a 5-star.



One last thing before we let you leave us today, do you have a favorite recipe you'd like to share?  I like to cook and am always looking for new recipes to try and share !

Here's one that came from a friend who watches her weight. It will please the rest of the family too. It's so easy and fun to make. It fizzes up and my granddaughter had a blast stirring it together. It's delicious.

1 box of angel food cake mix
1 20 ounce can of crushed pineapple

Stir the two together! That's it!

Pour into a greased 9x11 pan and bake at 375 for around 25 minutes. 
Top each slice with a dollop of Cool Whip.


Trust me...this is good eating. 

*     *     *     *     *     *     
Oh Jerrie, that sounds delicious and fun.  I'm sure my kids will love making it !

Thanks so much for sharing The Last Execution with us today.  I can't wait to read it !! Please make sure you come back & visit us anytime :)

Until next time, happy reading !

Krista



2 comments:

  1. Krista, please accept my apologies for not being here yesterday. My husband was ill and had to have a cat scan, the day just got away from me. Thank you for hosting me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely no worries Jerrie, family definately comes first! I hope that your husband is doing okay :)

      Delete