Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Author, Author...

...read all about it!

 
Today please help me welcome a new author to A Passion for Romance. 
Charisma Knight
Hi Charisma and welcome!!

What or who initially inspired you to become a writer?
The drive to write has always thrived within me, however, the urge to pursue my dream wouldn’t go away. I’d probably say it was my aunt who used to give me all her romance books back in the day.

What kind of research do you do for a novel and how extensive do you get?
Although I’ve never written any novels, (most of my stories are novellas) I utilize the internet and check out the library on certain subject matters. It also helps to pick a person’s brain when in doubt. Someone who has actually been through a certain situation in their life.

Do you have a special place you like to do your writing? Such as an office, a spare room, the dining room table, your couch?
No special place, I write any and everywhere.

As a reader, what types of works do you like to read and do you think they influence the genre/genres you write in?
I’m totally loving my paranormal erotica and erotic romance stories. I’ve been reading those long before I became an author. During my teen years I used to read the closed -door romance novels my auntie handed down to me, so this plays a huge part in everything.

What is your favorite method of writing...as in laptop, desktop, Ipad or the old fashioned pencil and paper??  And do you plot out your story or go with the flow of your muse?
I usually just whip out the ole laptop. The only way I use pen and pencil is if I wake up in the middle of the night and have some things to jot down or when I’m in the kitchen cooking. Usually I will go with the flow of my muse when they whisper in my ear. Sometimes I’ll start a story in the middle or the end. Yes, that may be strange to you, but writing is much like constructing a house sometimes. The main part of that story must be laid and then you build around it. 

When you need a break or some time off from the trials of being a writer, what can you be found doing?
A much needed break includes taking time off from writing for a day or two. Kids are out of school so I haven’t really been writing hardcore, but I’m adapting now. I enjoy taking them to the park, a movie, the pool and enjoying life instead of being cooped up in the house all day long.

Is there anything about yourself nobody knows that you would like to share with our readers??
 Hmmm. I better keep that a secret.   ; )

 For fun, I have a few personal questions,  
Your Favorite 5
1) Favorite color - Black
2) Favorite dessert – Sundae with cookies n cream ice cream and tons of peanut butter sauce!
3) Favorite Season - Spring
4) Favorite sad song-  Love Don’t Live Here Anymore
5) Favorite Romantic movie -  Titanic
 
And a bonus, what is your ideal romantic vacation??
 My ideal romantic vacation is spending a week alone with my alpha male, away from technology and any other interruptions (kids are with relatives I trust) that could otherwise screw up an extremely sexy getaway! Champagne, candlelit evenings, and the warm and welcoming presence of my other half.

Where can our readers find you??
I’m all over the net and can be found here:

 
Is there an upcoming or current release you would like to share with us today and where can we find it?
I’d love to share Reaper’s Fragile Ego in my Death Angel Series which for now can be found on Amazon. There is also a bonus free read within this story called Bargaining With the Reaper, which will be expanded into a novella later on. Be sure to check it out…


 Here is the link:

This is a new release and I published it.  Here is my website:  http://charismaknight.yolasite.com

Blurb:
THE DEATH ANGEL SERIES
SPECIAL EDITION/ Bonus Story Added
Death makes a bargain with the Angel of Despair to finally get Willa Mae, human kinds spirit of determined Willpower into his bed. All the glorious naughty things he plans to have her do, may finally quench his obsession for the dark beauty who has fueled his desire for nearly a millennium.
* Warning *
Hot excerpt, this book contains light BDSM, anal, and f/f interaction
Glorious, silky looking thick black hair framed his stern face and the look in his blazing eyes warned her that most likely, he’d ravish her until the sun rose.


Thank you so much for having me on your blog.

Charisma, it was a great pleasure to have you today and please come back again any time.

Readers, make sure you dont' waste any time getting Charisma's latest work!

Happy Reading!!

Krista


7 comments:

  1. Wow! Great interview, CK. That upcoming release looks hot, hot, hot. ;o) Much love ma, and many happy sales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a treat to read your interviews, Krista.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Charisma's stuff! Go CK! This looks so hot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good interview! Charisma's stories are smokin' hot!

    Lea Ellen {night owl in IL}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much to everyone for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ladies, thank you so much for stopping by!! Yvonne, I appreciate it!

    Bonnie Lea and Lea Ellen are my editors! They ROCK!!!

    Cheryl, nice to meet you and thanks for stopping by!

    Krista, thank you for having me at your blog I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete