Sunday, June 10, 2012

Author, Author...


.....read all about it!

I'm so excited to say we have a great author with us today.   Please welcome.....
 
Ella Jade

Thanks so much for being with us today...can you tell us a little about yourself? 
My name is Ella Jade and I've been writing for as long as I can remember. The dialog and plots have always played out in my head, but I never knew what to do with them. That all changed when I discovered the eBooks industry.
I'm a SAHM to two active boys. When I'm not writing, I like to kick box, spend time with my family and spin plots in my head.

What or who initially inspired you to become a writer?
The characters inspire me. They speak pretty loud inside my head and motivate me to tell their story. I love to tell a story. There are so many characters and relationships to explore.

What kind of research do you do for a novel and how extensive do you get?
Most of my ideas come from my imagination. I've written a few BDSM stories, so I had to research some elements for those stories. Mostly I research locations and geography to get the perfect setting. I'm big with dialog, so I just run the conversations in my head to make sure they sound right.

Do you have a special place you like to do your writing? Such as an office, a spare room, the dining room table, your couch?
I'm all over the place. During the day, I hang out in the dining room. I've turned that into my office. At night, I can be found in the guest room. I slip under the covers and create. The house is quiet and I can focus.

As a reader, what types of works do you like to read and do you think they influence the genre/genres you write in?
I've always been a big Nora Roberts fan. Yes. I'd definitely say reading her stories influenced the genre I write in. I love a strong romance. My favorite thing to explore is relationships. I love finding new ways to bring couples together.

What is your favorite method of writing...as in laptop, desktop, Ipad or the old fashioned pencil and paper??  And do you plot out your story or go with the flow of your muse?

My laptop takes a pretty good beating. I also use the netbook because its portable. I take it when I'm getting my hair dyed or when I'm sitting at my kids' practices.
I start out with a basic outline. It just tells me where I'd like to go, but once I sit down and start typing, I really let the characters take me where I need to go.

When you need a break or some time off from the trials of being a writer, what can you be found doing?
These days I rarely take a break. If I do, I can be found at the gym. When a story isn't doing what I want it to do, I walk away for a bit. I'll do laundry or take a hot shower. When I go back, I'm good to go.

For fun, I have a few personal questions,  
Your Favorite 5
1) Favorite color - Silver
2) Favorite dessert - Cheesecake
3) Favorite Season – Fall (I love Halloween)
4) Favorite sad song- Someone Like You (Adele)
5) Favorite Romantic movie – Pretty Woman

And a bonus, what is your ideal romantic vacation??
Any place, quiet, warm and serene. I'd love to spend a few days alone with my husband on a secluded island.

Where can our readers find you??    http://ellajadeauthor.blogspot.com

Is there an upcoming or current release  you would like to share with us today and where can we find it?


Three's A Crowd is a highly erotic, short tale about a fun, sexy, contemporary couple. If I'm a "new to you author", this novella is a great way to get to know me. The book is an Amazon exclusive published through Ruby Lioness Press. It’s a quick, steamy read priced at $0.99 and free to Prime Members. It is a perfect pool or beach read.


Connor Hughes is a lucky man. Janine and Sierra, the two sexy women who live downstairs from him have invited him to watch their intimate time in the bedroom. Connor is a willing spectator, but can't believe it when Janine asks him to join in on the fun. Connor is drawn to Sierra in ways he'd never imagined. There is something very familiar about the dark-haired beauty that has him wondering why she calls to him.

When fantasy mixes with reality, Connor gives into temptation in more ways than one. Will he figure out who Sierra is to him? Can the feeling last all night?

Ella, thanks so much for being with us today!  I enjoyed having you!  Can't wait to read Three's A Crowd.

Readers, make sure you follow the link and get this great short tale by Ella Jade!

Happy reading,

Krista




1 comment: