Friday, April 5, 2013

Author, author... Sylvia Ryan :)

...read all about her !!!

Today we are pleased to have in our interview spotlight...


 
 
Sylvia Ryan
 
 
 
Hi Sylvia, can you tell us a little about yourself?
 
I am an ordinary wife, mother and professional living in Midwest Surburbia, USA. I read voraciously and love to lose myself and fall head over heels for the alpha males in the novels I read.
When I get the chance to shed the prim and proper persona of an average wife and mother, my secret identity, Sylvia Ryan, emerges. My alter ego strives to write original ideas in extraordinary settings for my readers to remember long after the book has been read. My dream is to transform my racy thoughts and naughty nature into tangible works of erotic fantasy for others' secret identities to enjoy.

  
When did you first start writing?
I finished my first manuscript the summer of 2010. 
 
What is a typical writing day like for you? 
I try to squeeze in a few hours between work and dinnertime and write more on the weekends if I’m feeling inspired.
 
Do you have an specific routine you follow or specific items you need with you when you write?
I write the majority of my books long hand in a spiral notebook I carry around with me everywhere. I’m more inspired when I tuck myself away under a tree or in front of the fireplace than when I’m sitting in my office in front of the computer.
 
What is your favorite part of writing?  Is there anything you don’t like about being a writer?
My favorite part of being a writer is the feedback I get from those who have read one of my titles. It gives me a thrill when I get an e-mail from a reader. Probably because writing is such a solitary activity. It’s wonderful to hear that the hours of work were worth it.
There’s only one thing I don’t like about writing. Sometimes it fills my days to overflowing and at times, I feel torn in different directions, wanting to fit in some writing but can’t because real life pulls me away.
 
What is your favorite length of book to write?  (Short story, novella, full length novel) Why? Full length novels are my favorite to read and write.  Character development is important to me and with novellas I just don’t think the reader can connect as readily with the characters.
 
Is there a to-be-read waiting on your bedside table?
Absolutely! Lover at Last by J.R. Ward is calling to me even now. I also have Kallypso Master’s Rescue Me series next on my to-read list.
 
For fun, I have a few personal questions, 
Favorite 5
1)  Favorite Holiday – 4th of July
2) Favorite Drink – Red wine
3) Favorite Author – J.R. Ward
4) Favorite Book- I don’t think I can choose just one…so I’ll name a few. Loved the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series, J.R. Ward, Loved Cherise Sinclair’s Masters of the Shadowlands Series as well.
5) Favorite Animal – I am a dog person. I have two dogs now and would probably have more if my husband would let me.
And for a bonus:  What is a typical mood for you?  And is your mood different when you’re writing?
I’m normally joking around and fun at home. I tend to be considerably more reserved outside the house even to the point of shyness sometimes.
And, yes, my mood can change when I’m writing a particularly emotional scene. My husband has gotten good at snapping me out of those pretty quickly.
 
 
Where can our readers find you?? 
Visit my website to enter the Kindle and swag GIVEAWAY celebrating my Being Amber release www.RyanBooks.net
Email: WrittenbySRyan@gmail.com
 
 
Is there an upcoming or current release you would like to share with us today and where can we find it?
Being Amber by Sylvia Ryan

Both danger and sex are inescapable in the Amber Zone.

 
Jaci Harmon was born a Sapphire, but after she’s summoned to receive her final designation, the testing reveals she carries a gene slated for eradication. Within a day, she’s sterilized and dumped in the Amber Zone, where the damaged are corralled away from the rest of New Atlanta. Scared and alone, Jaci would rather die than face her future as an Amber.
 
Born in the Amber Zone, Xander Dimos is a product of a lifetime spent under the oppression of the Repopulation Laws. Decades of suffering have taught the Ambers to make the zone a place where touch, sex, and unconditional acceptance ease the pain of their fate. Jaci has a lot to learn about her new home, and it’s Xanderís responsibility to guide her through the differences and the dangers safely.
 
With the simmering undercurrents of sexual chemistry growing between them, and in the midst of discovering the Gov’s true motives, Jaci and Xander must overcome his secret and accept their love as undeniable…even if the time allotted to share it is short.
 
CONTENT WARNING: This title contains explicit sex, graphic language, menage a trios, use of sex toys, and anal sex.
 
 
 
                www.amazon.com
 
I am seriously dying to read this one !!!!!  Thanks again Sylvia for being with us today and readers, make sure you get your copy of Being Amber !
 
Until next time,
Happy reading !!
 
Krista


No comments:

Post a Comment