Saturday, February 9, 2013

Author, author...

...read all about her !!
Today we have a guest post by...


Jennifer M. Eaton
 
 

Writing is a crazy thing, isn’t it?  You come up with a little idea, and suddenly it takes off.  Is it that easy?  Well, only sometimes.

 
I usually start every story with just a little idea.  In the case of Jack and Jill, it was a Christmas wish.  I never really meant the story to go past that original idea, but then when I saw another “winter” anthology pop up with Still Moments, the idea to continue the Jack and Jill story popped into my head. 
About half way through writing “A Test of Faith” I noticed another anthology prompt, and giggled to myself when I placed Jack and Jill in that setting.  The thought initially was a joke, but then it snowballed until I had the story completely outlined in my head.  The problem was, that I couldn’t hop right to that story.  I needed something in-between. 
Thank you Still Moments for poking me with another idea that I thought was lovely.  But here the problem comes in.  I now had several stories set aside for Jack and Jill that would fit in to anthologies, but my schedule did not have enough writing time in it to get all of my submissions in on time.
As I was discussing combining Connect the Dots and A Test of Faith into a single release with Still Moments Publishing, I tossed out the idea of continuing their story through different holidays through the year.  They liked the idea, so the first two stories became "volume one."
So, what’s next for Jack and Jill?  Well, it will be February in their world, which means Valentine’s Day.  But this won’t be the romantic romp most people expect for a new couple.  If Monica Dubin has her way, this will be a Valentine’s Day Jack and Jill will hope to forget.
 
***
Jennifer Eaton lives on the East Coast USA with her husband, three boys, and a pepped up poodle.  She hosts an interactive website www.jennifermeaton.com aimed at making all writers the best they can be. 
Her Contemporary Sweet Romance, Jack and Jill Volume One is currently available in both print and ebook.  The Dystopian novelette “Last Winter Red” is available as part of the “Make Believe” Anthology.  Jennifer M. Eaton's Christmas Romance “Connect the Dots” is available as part of the “For the Love of Christmas” Anthology.  Each title is available from Amazon.com and Barnesandnoble.com and Smashwords.
Jack and Jill Volume One: 

 Jill stumbles back into the dating world after twelve years of motherhood.  But things have changed a lot since the last time she dated.  Jack and Jill stories follow the challenges of a woman holding on to traditional values in a world that has evolved without her. Now that she has found the man of her dreams, will Jill be able to hold on to him without compromising what she believes in?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Last Winter Red: 

In search of a husband, Emily leaves the safety of the city and risks her life stepping into the outside world.  What she finds there will question the foundations of everything she believes in.

Make Believe on Amazon       Make Believe on B&N




 

Connect the Dots:  

Jill has no idea what she wants for Christmas, but when it looks like her best friend Jack is going to get exactly what he asks for, Jill makes a Christmas wish that will change both of their lives forever. 
 
Twitter:  @jennifermeaton
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment