Sunday, April 15, 2012

Author, Author Sunday April 15th

...read all about it!!


                     Please help me welcome...

               Carrie Ann Ryan


Hi Carrie, thanks for being here with us today, can you start off by telling us a little about yourself?

 Hi! Well, I’m a chemist by day, and a paranormal romance author, wife, and kitten mommy by night. I’m an avid reader of romance and spend way too much time thinking about, as my hubby would say, “dirty things” LOL.


 What or who initially inspired you to become a writer?
 Well, I’m a reader first sometimes. But Rebecca Royce was the one who told me to try out writing and see if I liked it. I LOVED it. Still do.

What kind of research do you do for a novel and how extensive do you get?

For each hobby, destination, type of wolf characteristics, and just human characteristics, I look things up. I like to make sure that I’m not just “winging it”. So for Reed’s painting, I talked to my friend who paints about the different mediums. And if there was such a thing as edible paint. *cough* I talked to my grandmother about gardening and my father about the military. If I can’t find someone to talk to, then I go to my dear friend Google.

Do you have a special place you like to do your writing? Such as an office, a spare room, the dining room table, your couch?
I wrote the entire of Trinity Bound on the couch since we don’t have an office. However, since then, I’ve moved to the kitchen table because there isn’t a TV with Netflix in the room LOL.


As a reader, what types of works do you like to read and do you think they influence the genre/genres you write in?

I’m a crazy reader. I can read a 350 page book in an hour so I read tons of genres in romance to make sure I don’t get tired of it. I read paranormal, contemporary, western, gay, ménage, historical, sci-fi…everything!

 I don’t think it affected the fact that I write paranormal now. I had a werewolf idea first, so I went with it. But I will be writing contemporary in the future.


What is your favorite method of writing...as in laptop, desktop, Ipad or the old fashioned pencil and paper??  And do you plot out your story or go with the flow of your muse?
I’m a laptop girl. I carry this sucker around with me everywhere LOL. I’d like to use the desktop, but since I teach online and in the classroom during the day, I need to stay mobile.

I’m also a plotter. By far. I have series, character, book, and chapter outlines. However, if something needs to change, then I let it. I don’t force myself in a corner.

When you need a break or some time off from the trials of being a writer, what can you be found doing?
Reading! No seriously. I also cook or go out for a beer at the local brewery with my friend. But usually it’s just reading.


Is there anything about yourself nobody knows that you would like to share with our readers??

 Hmm…I have gold-brown eyes, instead of normal brown, after  a car accident. Does that count? LOL

For fun, I have a few personal questions,  

Your Favorite 5
1) Favorite color - Pink
2) Favorite dessert - Cheesecake
3) Favorite Season - Spring
4) Favorite sad song- Gravity by Sara Barriales
5) Favorite Romantic movie – The Notebook

And a bonus, what is your ideal romantic vacation??

Going to a small town in the mountains in Europe with my hubby. We’d tour the town in the day, taking in the culture…then go to a local inn at night…


Carrie Ann loves hearing from readers. You can find her at:

             Blog
             Facebook Author Page
             Facebook Friend
            Goodreads
Twitter: @CarrieAnnRyan
Is there an upcoming or current release  you would like to share with us today and where can we find it?

Trinity Bound  

Hannah Lewis, a rare earth witch, is taken from the only life she’s ever known. Held at her will by a sadistic wolf, she almost gives up hope that she’d ever see her real life again. But as her fellow captive, a werewolf named Reed, tries to calm her fears, she begins to feel a spark of something she never thought she’d feel – love. But is Reed, alone, enough to get her out of this dark basement so she can move on with her life?

Reed Jamenson, the artist of a werewolf Pack of Alpha males, knows instinctually that Hannah is his mate. Thus, despite their imprisonment, he will do all to protect her and then worry about their hearts. But is he strong enough to find a way for both of them to escape? And why does he feel as though something else is missing?

Josh Kolb, an ex-military human, stumbles upon Reed and Hannah and finds he must trust this new world of supernatural beings to survive. But that desire will lead the three to a triangle of attraction that will test the boundaries they all possess and its consequences in defeating the enemy. Can they all trust one another to save themselves and life as they know it? Even at the cost of their own hearts?

Excerpt:
Reed planted his feet, his fists clenched. Josh did the same on the other side of her, yet with a gun in one hand and a blade in another. As a human, he would need all the protection he could get. A gun wouldn’t necessarily kill the beasts, but it would slow them down. And frankly, he looked damn sexy all armored up. Reed too, with his natural charisma.
And, totally not the time again to let her thoughts wonder.
But what a place they would go.
Hannah gave a nod to both men and closed her eyes, calling to the Earth. She may be a Healer, but she could still go on the offensive with the Earth and kick ass if she had too. Well, at least she hoped he could. She’d trained with her mother – Hannah held back that sharp pain of loss – but she really hadn’t used it, and tiredness ached her bones.
Another wolf’s howl echoed in the not too far distance. Hannah concentrated and moved her arms like an orchestra conductor to take a large pile of soil, rocks and roots in her hold. The resulting mass looked like a crested wave and slammed into the wolves trying to come from behind in a sneak attack.
Stupid wolves. Didn’t they know she could feel them when they trampled heavy-footed on her Earth?
Josh and Reed each granted her a look of pleasant surprise, then a sexy smile.
They’d underestimated her. They wouldn’t do it again. Available now:
Trinity Bound
Make sure you also hunt down the other 2 stories in the Redwood Pack Series: An Alpha’s Path
A Taste for a Mate

About our author:

Carrie Ann Ryan is a bestselling paranormal and contemporary romance author. After spending too much time behind a lab bench, she decided to dive into the romance world and find her werewolf mate - even if its just in her books. Happy endings are always near - even if you have to get over the challenges of falling in love first.

Her first book, An Alpha's Path, is the first in her Redwood Pack series. She's also an avid reader and lover of romance and fiction novels. She loves meeting new authors and new worlds. Any recommendations you have are appreciated. Carrie Ann lives in New England with her husband and two kittens.

Thanks so much for having me here today!!

 
Carrie, thank you so much for being here.  It was great getting to know you better. 

Readers, make sure to run out and grab Trinity Bound today !!




3 comments:

  1. Great interview and the story sounds intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This entire series looks wonderful! Thank you for the great interview :)

    rjs4444us@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete