Please welcome a Top Ten Guest Post from Kimberly Quinton!!
Hi! Thanks for hosting me today! So, I can talk about food all day long, but when I tried to come up with a list of top ten foods I was stuck. I asked my kids what they thought mommy’s top ten foods were and their answer—Bacon, Chocolate, Wine, Beer, Coffee, Cheese, Ice Cream, Donuts, Fruit salad, and Pizza. Hmmmm, not sure what kind of nutrition habits I’m teaching them, but they did do a pretty good job of listing some of my favorites.
I love cooking, trying new restaurants, reading food blogs, collecting recipes and cookbooks and just fantasizing about food so instead of a top ten foods, I can give you my top ten cuisines.
10. Thai food ~ Suprisingly, hubs doesn’t believe that Thai would be in my top ten, but we live in a big city and see the nine cuisines I like more- Of course Thai isn’t my first choice when we have a date night but I do love a good Pad Thai.
9. Chinese ~ A fresh made eggroll and Hot and Sour soup or Lo Mein or Chicken and Cashews… I know it’s the Americanized version, but I love it.
8. Steak house~ Not just for the steak, but the fish and salads and sides too. A filet, grilled asparagus and creamed spinach is a fab meal to me.
7. BBQ ~ I’m southern… ‘nuff said.
6. Italian ~ Not to be confused with Pizza which I consider it’s own category, but the traditional pastas and white tablecloth places. Great wine, savory pasta in a rich sauce, crisp salad and lots of bread. Yep- I’m all in.
5. Cajun~ True New Orleans Cajun cuisine is an experience and so much is craveable. The food is one of the biggest things I miss about living in New Orleans.
4. Mexican/ Tex-Mex~ Growing up on the border, my comfort food has always been tex-mex but a trip to central Mexico also gave me a taste for true Mexican food. There’s so much more than enchiladas and tacos out there!
3. American Pub Food ~ Local Beer and wings or specialty burgers-Yum! And the perfect sunny afternoon on the patio kind of date.
2. Pizza ~ I’m loving the trend of wood-fired pizzerias and wine bar combos! Again, I could eat a different pizza every day. Some of my favorites are the unusual ones with different kinds of cheese- pear and gorgonzola or chevre and fig. I’m getting hungry just thinking about it.
1. Indian~ I could be a vegetarian if someone would cook me Indian food everyday! Spicy and rich, there is no need for meat!
* * * * * *
An Old Threat Returns….
After twenty years confinement on an island for crimes against humanity, the last thing disgraced H.E.R.O. Cole wants to hear is the world needs him. But the government’s sexy envoy peaks his interest and his honor.
Enhanced human and the government’s top negotiator, Caroline Sparks’ only mission is to bring in the last H.E.R.O. at any cost. When he asks for two months with her on his island when the mission is over, she can’t refuse even if it means exposing a secret he might kill her over.
Battle to save the world….
With disaster looming at every turn, Cole must choose between vengeance and duty. Can Caroline embrace her latent power and save her hero or will saving the world cost them both everything?
Hero Worship from Decadent Publishing
Official Release Day~ February 21, 2014
Super Hero Romance
29k words, heat level: 3 flames
Exclusively first at All Romance ebooks ! http://www.allromanceebooks.com/storeSearch.html
* * * * * *
Enjoy the following excerpt for Hero Worship:
“Look, princess, I don’t have a knight-in-shining-armor side. You need to get around to my real side.”
Caroline’s teeth clicked together at princess; her tongue barely escaped the sharp edges before she forced another breath through her nose.
“And what side would that be? Your, I-want-my-own-island-and-the-rest-of- the-world-can-rot, side? Or how about your, I-need-a-new-woman-every-couple- weeks, side? Which one of those should I appeal to?”
Her voice sounded strange to her ears, thick with frustration and on the brink of screeching. I never raise my voice. Pursing her lips against the tremble, she gripped the edge of her seat, doing her best to ignore his wide smirk. She needed this conversation under her control.
He leaned back and tilted his head to look beneath the table, eyeing her legs. She stiffened but didn’t move further at his perusal of her from head to chest and back. A negotiator couldn’t be easily offended.
“Definitely my I-need-a-new-woman-every-couple-weeks, side. You could be that woman.”
“What?” Incredulity tightened her throat and her words sputtered out in a breathy puff. “Are you insane?”
“Depends on who you ask.” He winked; a suggestive tilt broadened his smile.
No way in hell. She squashed the butterflies that flapped in her belly, determined to ignore the temptation of his sun-kissed shoulders and golden abs, each muscle defined like a sculpted masterpiece. A perfect Hero. Physically. Too bad, of all the Heroes, only he remained.
Caroline cleared her throat. “I’m here to negotiate your chance at freedom, not feed your lascivious appetites.”
“Okay. Tell the AG the offer is rejected.”
“Millions of lives are at risk. We can’t combat a cyborg army under the control of a terrorist on our own.”
“Not my problem.” “You used to be a hero. Now you’re heartless and cruel—pathetic.” Caroline searched his face for a reaction, anything to tell her she’d gotten to him. He gave nothing but a shrug under a steady gaze. Her insults seemed to roll right off him.
“Your brethren would be ashamed.”
A flash of violence passed through his eyes as he thrust forward, shoulders raised, in a shift from nonchalant to coiled aggression, ready to strike at the next provocation. Here was the vengeance that cost a dozen citizens their lives and damages in the billions to government assets. She struggled not to react, but anger surged inside her, smothering her self-protective instincts.
* * * * * *
About the Author:
Whether she’s writing contemporary or paranormal romance, Kimberly Quinton is a romantic at heart who strives to tell stories about the power of true love.
Since a teen, she’s loved romances and believes we can all live our happily-ever-after. Always a people watcher, it wasn’t until Kimberly shucked her Accounting major for Anthropology that her interest in people and cultures was nurtured. Kimberly has combined her natural curiosity (nosiness) with her love of romance for the sake of bringing the movies in her head to life on the page.
A wife and mother of two, Kimberly spends her days chasing chores, wrangling active kids, and writing. She also enjoys traveling, cooking, great wine and sharing a laugh with friends and family.
You can usually find her on Facebook or Twitter. Stop by for a chat.
Kimberly is giving away a $30 Amazon Gift Card
to 1 lucky winner !!