Friday, June 21, 2013

Author, author..... Shanon Grey ~ Fiction Weaver

...read all about her !!




Welcome, so great to have you here with us.  Can you tell us a little about yourself?

Thank you so much for having me. I appreciate it. Hmmm. You want to know about me or Shanon Grey? She’s much more interesting. I created her right after The Shoppe of Spells was accepted by a publisher. We had a discussion about whether or not readers would want to read romance written by a writer named Jerry. I figured it was the perfect opportunity to become whoever I wanted and Shanon Grey was born. She has proven to be quite the alter ego ~ much more outgoing than I would ever dare. She is the perfect FictionWeaver.




Do real life events find their way into your stories?

How could they not? We are but the sum of our life experiences, both normal and paranormal. I’ll let you ponder which ones.




Do you ever mimic family members or people you know when you choose characters?

Of course not! I wouldn’t dream of using real people in my stories. Never. Nada. What’s that quote? “Any resemblance to those living or dead is pure coincidence.” Now, if the hero happens to resemble some extremely hunky version of some actor/singer/person that is pure chance. :)
 
 
 

Do you find yourself going back to the same inspiration for each story or is it always something different?

I do tend toward themes of empowerment and discovery but usually each story has its own inspiration. I’ve lived a long time and have been able to give Shanon Grey the benefit of my vast experience (lessons learned, screw-ups, redo’s) ~ a well extremely deep and full.
 
 
 

When do you write?  Early morning? During the day sometime or all day?  After the kids go to bed?

I write whenever I get a chance. Normally, it’s once I have a mug full of coffee. I love writing early in the morning, during the day, and late at night. I’ve been known to hit a marathon or two, ones that run around the clock or until I see a row of ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff running across the page.




How do you feel about marketing your book?

I hate it. I want to write. And when that’s done I want to turn it in and start on something new. But, I know that’s not possible. So, I whine and fuss, then hit on my friends to help me market it. (Thank you, by the way.) I do love the appearances and lectures (once I get over the nerves and the urge to run into the nearest stall and throw up). I believe in my stories and it always thrills me to talk about them and the world I’ve created. Oh, and chocolate helps.




What social sites do you feel work best for marketing?

I don’t really know. I tell everyone on FB and Twitter and Google +. Then I use my website and Goodreads and do blogs and interviews. I think word of mouth is still the best. One book at a time, as they say.




Do you like to pitch stories to your publisher or do you wait until you have written the story and have a final manuscript to turn in?

I’ve done both. Right now I’m lucky in that the series is ongoing and I don’t have to worry about that. But, it’s coming. Oh, gosh. It’s coming. Anybody got chocolate?
 
 

Is there any other genre that you would love to try writing?  If so, what is it?

I have always been intrigued with historical. I’m thinking about doing one in The GateKeepers Series, going back to the start, but I don’t know. That’s a lot of research. I’ll let you know.



 Do you always/ever see yourself as the heroine/hero when you write a story?

Okay, here’s where we go over the edge. No, I don’t – because, I will start a story, introduce the characters, and they take over. I’m just a fast typist at some point. They tell me the story and I write it.
 
 

Just for fun, I have a few personal questions, 

Favorite 5

1)      Favorite Male Actor  - Just one? Johnny Depp, Patrick Stewart, Nathan Fillion, Robert Downey, Jr., Antonio Banderas or any combination thereof.
2)      Favorite vehicle – My Chevy Trailblazer. She’s a dream to drive, carries a ton, and is the perfect companion on a long trip. Too bad they stopped making them.
3)      Favorite way to relax – Reading or playing board games with family and friends while noshing on fun food. Yahtzee and Scrabble are my favs.
4)      Favorite ice cream – Bryer’s Chocolate with Blue Bell Pistachio Almond stirred into soft serve. Yummy.
5)      Favorite outfit – Jeans and a comfy sweater. Anything comfy, generally dark colors.


And for a bonus:  If you could pick any place in the world to live, besides where you are now, where would it be?  (Of course, without the hindrance of jobs or money needed)

I’ve always regretted not seeing more of our gorgeous country, so I think I would like one of those tricked out RVs, you know the million-dollar version with everything in it, including the kitchen sink and a great place to write. Hubby and I would hit the road and travel to all the places we’ve never been, stopping when and where we wanted. I’d get to meet some of my readers and FB friends and gather inspiration along the way.
 
 

Where can our readers find you?? 

Email:  shanongreybooks@yahoo.com. I’d love to hear from you.

Twitter:  @ShanonGrey

 
Website/blog:  www.shanongrey.com
 
 
 



Is there an upcoming or current release you would like to share with us today and where can we find it?

Meadow’s Keep, Book II of The GateKeepers Series has just been release in digital format. The print will be release very shortly. Meadow’s Keep is available from Amazon, B & N, and Smashwords

(Please include a list of all the links you have for the book you are sharing including a cover, any reviews out, the publisher and their website. Include a blurb as well.  Even an excerpt if you’d like.   A picture of yourself is also welcome.)

Meadow’s Keep
 Shanon Grey



The Gatekeepers Series, Book Two
Jasmine Monroe once felt like damaged goods. Not anymore. Her latent abilities, although appearing too late to save her from a brutal attack, now keep her safe from anyone hurting her again. Secure in that fact, she’s moved on. Until she meets her first love’s doppelganger.
Eryk Vreeland, a misfit and an embarrassment to his upper-class/upper-crust family, is a magician. His shows are renowned, his contributions to charity astronomical, his illusions precise. Except—not everything is an illusion. Sometimes, there is real magic.
Forced together to rescue and protect a young woman, safeguards must come down and, when that happens, their attraction strengthens—beyond their control—until they can barely tell where one person stops and the other begins.
Will they surrender to a legacy or risk a disaster to stay apart?
 



 

You can join her on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ShanonGrey, follow her on Twitter at http://twitter.com/ShanonGrey and visit her website at www.shanongrey.com. Contact her at shanongreybooks@yahoo.com. She would love to hear from you.

Shanon Grey    FictionWeaver

Weaving romance and suspense with threads of the paranormal

Shanon Grey weaves romance and suspense with threads of the paranormal. THE SHOPPE OF SPELLS was the first in her series, THE GATEKEEPERS, about the quaint town of Ruthorford, Georgia and its very special inhabitants. PENNYROYAL CHRISTMAS ~A Ruthorford Holiday Story~ gives another insight to Ruthorford’s special descendants. MEADOW’S KEEP, Book II of THE GATEKEEPERS, has just been released. Under contract with Crossroads Publishing House, her books are available in e-format and print at most booksellers.
Shanon spent her life on coasts, both the beautiful Atlantic and the balmy Gulf. Hurricane Katrina taught her the fragility of life and the strength of friendship, family, and starting over.
She just found out that her son salvaged notes and pages of her original novel, Capricorn’s Child, which she thought had been destroyed with everything else. (Ironically, a neighbor found her marriage certificate in a tree.) She plans to resurrect her original novel one day.
She currently lives in Coweta County, Georgia, trading the familiarity of the coast for the lush beauty and wonder of the mountains, where her husband fulfilled her lifelong dream—to live in a cottage in the woods, where inspiration abounds.
 


Website    Twitter     Facebook     Goodreads

 

No comments:

Post a Comment