Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Author, author.... guest post !

...read all about it !!




Please welcome guest blogger...

Dilys J. Carnie
 
LOVE
 
Does love at first sight exist? As a romance writer I firmly believe it does.
 
Love is an emotion that is probably the most important human feeling you will ever experience. According to Sigmund Freud the study of love is left to the writer to depict but I believe it’s also up to the reader to envisage what that word means to them. Love is an emotion that has given us enjoyment since the beginning of mankind.
 
So what draws one person to another? I find this fascinating and one of my favorite things of all time is to people watch it’s amazing what you can see when you just sit there. 
 
Chemistry…What is it?
 
The need to see that one person over and over again.
 
It’s the ignite to a relationship, an animal attraction between two people, a hit over the head that has you seeing stars. When you think of that special someone you smile for no reason, your heartbeat races, your breath becomes faster and a sense of excitement sweeps through you like a tornado.
 
In my book ‘Her Passionate Protector’ Alex sees Lucy in a picture and is immediately attracted…The consensus says that men are more likely to fall in love at first sight because they are more visual than woman. I’m not sure that’s true, but for whatever reason it’s the most special feeling in the world.
 
 
 ~     ~     ~     ~     ~
 
about
 
Dilys J. Carnie
 
I’m just an everyday kinda girl and I have lived on the Island of Anglesey in North Wales for thirty nine years. I have two grown up children Emma is a teacher and Christopher is involved in the family commercial business. I have three sisters; two of them live close by as does my mum.
 
 I am an avid health freak, a vegetarian who is manic about working out in the gym and doing Pilates classes. I love clothes, makeup, having my nails and hair done. I’m just a girl’s girl.
 
If I am not in my office pounding the keys I’m sitting in my favourite chair reading on my new Kindle.
 
Author Links
 
Her Passionate Protector
By
Dilys J. Carnie
Erotic Romance
Secret Cravings Publishing
November 12, 2012
 
When Lucy meets Alex the owner of the new company her cleaning business has just picked up a contract for, her hard won self-preservation and quiet life flies out the window.
Smoldering heat ignites every time Alex comes near her.
He is confused by this independent, yet vulnerable woman and when her ex-husband returns, determined to hurt her, Alex fights for her life and their love.
 
Excerpt
 
“Give her time, Alex. She’s been through a lot.” The pressure of his friend’s hand was reassuring on his shoulder and he just nodded. It would take more than time. It was going to be one hell of an uphill battle.
 
At that point, Jack came wandering into the kitchen, rubbing himself around Alex’s legs.
 
“And what do you want, little one?” Alex picked up the cat, its purring hum showing he had settled down quite easily.
 
“Do you want some cream, buddy?” He poured some into a saucer and put it down, watching as the cat lapped greedily.
 
“Let’s take the coffee out now.” Alex picked up the try and followed Simon.
 
After they went out on to the balcony, and he set the tray of cups and coffee on the table, Nic got up from where she had been sitting with Lucy on the wicker sofa and put her arms around Simon.
 
Alex looked over at Lucy, her body hunched, the pain and sadness evident in her chocolate brown eyes.
 
 
More excerpts can be found at Dilys WattPad
 
Buy Links


 

No comments:

Post a Comment