Wednesday, March 7, 2012

It's Hump Day again....

Today is March 7th, the first Wednesday of the month.  Somebody please tell me where in the heck the time is going.  The days are going by way too fast.  Seems like the New Year was just last week but this is the 3rd month already.  Amazing.

Today has actually been a pretty productive day for me.  A little writing here, a little blogging there...oh and by the way, tomorrow make sure you stop in because I am posting my first Author, Author Spotlight right here and it's Ceri Hebert.  You won't want to miss out on this post.  She's a great author!!! 

Now for my sharing part of the day...  Anybody ever make Chicken Lasagna?  I have a fantastic recipe given to be me by none other than one of my favorite nieces.  She's a great mama and a great cook.  I just wish she lived closer to me :( 


Anywho.....here ya go



Chicken Lasagna

2 cups chicken, cooked and diced
1 cup onion, chopped
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup green pepper, chopped (optional)
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
6 lasagna noodles

Cook and drain lasagna as instructed on package.  Drain and lay flat to cool.
Combine all ingredients except cheese.  In a 9x13 dish, layer by alternating chicken mixture, noodles then cheese.  The final layer should be the chicken mixture sprinkled with cheese. 
(I add bacon bits in my mixture, gives it a better flavor)


Bake at 350 deg. for 45 minutes. 


This is sooooo good, hope you all like it !




*Now this next one is one my mom gave me and it's super easy as well and delicous!!

Crustless Custard Pie

Beat together:  3 eggs
                          1/4 t. salt
                          2 T. flour
                          1/2 cup sugar
                          2 cups milk
                          1 t. vanilla

Pour mixture into a pie plate.

Bake at 350 deg. for 35-40 minutes until set.

Cool before eating.




Hope everybody had a great Hump day.  Don't forget to come back Thursday to see my featured author Ceri Hebert!


Happy Cooking
Krista






















No comments:

Post a Comment