Sunday, March 18, 2012

Author, Author

...read all about it!!


Thanks for joining us and please welcome a fantastic author,


Ella Jade

Hi and welcome!  Can you tell us a little about yourself...


My name is Ella Jade and I've been writing for as long as I can remember. The dialog and plots have always played out in my head, but I never knew what to do with them. That all changed when I discovered the eBooks industry.

I'm a SAHM(stay-at-home mom) to two active boys. When I'm not writing, I like to kick box, spend time with my family and spin plots in my head.



What or who initially inspired you to become a writer?

The characters inspire me. They speak pretty loud inside my head and motivate me to tell their story.



What kind of research do you do for a novel and how extensive do you get?

Most of my ideas come from my imagination. I've written a few BDSM stories, so I had to research some elements for those stories. Mostly I research locations and geography to get the prefect setting.


Do you have a special place you like to do your writing? Such as an office, a spare room, the dining room table, your couch?

I'm all over the place. During the day, I hang out in the dining room. I've turned that into my office. At night, I can be found in the guest room. I slip under the covers and create. The house is quiet and I can focus.



As a reader, what types of works do you like to read and do you think they influence the genre/genres you write in?

I've always been a big Nora Roberts fan. Yes. I'd definitely say reading her stories influenced the genre I write in. I love a strong romance.



What is your favorite method of writing...as in laptop, desktop, Ipad or the old fashioned pencil and paper?? And do you plot out your story or go with the flow of your muse?


My laptop takes a pretty good beating. I also use the Netbook because its portable. I take it when I'm getting my hair dyed or when I'm sitting at my kids' practices.

I start out with a basic outline. It just tells me where I'd like to go, but once I sit down and start typing, I really characters take me where I need to go.



When you need a break or some time off from the trials of being a writer, what can you be found doing?


These days I rarely take a break. If I do, I can be found at the gym. When a story isn't doing what I want it to do, I walk away for a bit. I'll do laundry or take a hot shower. When I go back, I'm good to go.



Is there anything about yourself nobody knows that you would like to share with our readers??

I'm an open book. lol I could tell you I'm VP of the PTO, but that wouldn't shock you. Although I bet my alter ego (Ella Jade) could cause some jaws to drop on that PTO board. Most people don't know what I write for a living.



For fun, I have a few personal questions,


Your Favorite 5

1) Favorite color - Silver

2) Favorite dessert - Cheesecake

3) Favorite Season - Fall

4) Favorite sad song- Jar of Hearts

5) Favorite Romantic movie - Pretty Woman

And a bonus, what is your ideal romantic vacation??

An island getaway with my husband.


Where can our readers find you??



Is there an upcoming or current release

you would like to share with us today and where can we find it?



           Crossfire of Love

      Releases March 19, 2012

          Can an arranged marriage lead to love?


Recent college graduate Gabriella has finally married the man of her dreams, the older, charismatic attorney Lorenzo Martinez. She's had a crush on him for as long as she can remember and always imagined they'd one day find their happily ever after. Unfortunately, they enter into a union arranged by their fathers.

Lorenzo is charming, protective, and loyal to his crime lord father Carlo. When Carlo asks Lorenzo to marry Gabriella he jumps at the opportunity. He's been drawn to her for many years and knows by marrying her he's helping to protect her father.

Gabby is resentful and won't be Lorenzo's charity case. But sparks fly and the couple soon gives into their desire, realizing they were meant to be together.

What happens when Carlo's enemies threaten their future? Will someone get caught in the crossfire?


available March 19th
at




Ella, thank you so much for visiting us today.  It was great to have you and good luck with your new release,
Crossfire of Love!!!

Thanks to all our readers and don't miss this great new release from Ella Jade!!!

Have a great day,
Krista

2 comments: